Monday, April 2, 2007

signs

How many signs does Jack know? I get asked this question a lot so I am going to tryto remember and list all the ones he knows:
more
finished
eat
drink
milk (he recognizes this one but does not do it)
baby
signing time
movie
cookie
drive/car
hurt
daddy
mommy
sleep/sleepy
shoes and socks (he recognizes these but does not really like wearing shoes or socks so he does not do these either)
jump (he recognizes this one but doesn't do it)
in and out (he recognizes and attempts these infrequently)
change (as in diaper-we don't do this one very often anymore since a lot of pees go in the potty)
potty (he recognizes but doesn't do this one)
No and stop (I'm surprised he doesn't do these but he recignizes them)
Bye bye (I've taught him to blow kisses since we could not get him to wave)
He has his own nonverbal communication for up, get up, move, take me outside, potty, carry me, bounce me (on the exercise ball) and put me on the counter/washing machine/dryer. Oh yeah, his newest trick at home is that he'll crawl to the potty or take our hand and walk us to the bathrroom when he needs to potty.
He may not talk but he sure does communicate. I think he is going to be like me and wake up in the morning talking. Actually, he does roll around in the bed in the morning doing signs and babbling. :)
It's really fun to see the expression on his face when we recognize the signs that he is doing. Is there anything in the world more fun than meeting the needs/wants of your baby? Who appreciates you more? Being a Mommy isn't always easy and as Michelle says it's not for the faint of heart but it's the best thing I've ever done. Never before have I made so many mistakes and been so appreciated. I get paid in hugs, kisses, smiles, and sometimes snot trails on my clothes. Why do I ever complain about anything in life? Jack looks at noone the way he looks at me and that, my friends, should be enough to carry me through everyday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the unconditional love of our babes! It really is wonderful!