Wednesday, January 13, 2010

First Movie!--Wordless/ful and Special Exposure Wednesday

As I mentioned yesterday, Jack saw his first full length feature film at the theater over the weekend.

So what did Jack think of his first movie?


Do you see the "Wow!" on his face?

It was very dark in the theater at first and he did not even register the screen. Once we got settled into our seat (he decided to sit on my lap) with his slushie and his popcorn, he decided to look up and I could not see his face but his head stayed perfectly still. I grabbed my phone and captured this picture.

He loved it! We saw The Princess and The Frog.

As soon as I saw the preview on our Snow White DVD, I knew that The Princess and the Frog would be Jack's first "big movie". The preview showed singing, dancing, and lots of different funny voices. The clincher was Disney's return to hand drawn animation for this movie. Hand drawn cartoons usually have the characters much better defined in the foreground with less detailed and darker backgrounds. In other words, high contrast animation!!!

Jack sat quietly and watched most of the movie. We had one seat change when he decided he wanted to sit on the very front row and I had to explain to him that he could not run up and touch the screen. At the very end, he got a little antsy but the remaining popcorn and slushie were enough to entice him to stay until the end.

Of course, once the movie was over he was
more than ready to run!

I did get him to stop and pose for me in front of the movie display

His face screams, "I can't believe you are making me do this!"


Click for more Wordless Wednesday, Wordful Wednesday, and Special Exposure Wednesday posts

Don't forget to check out this week's Life is Therapy.

15 comments:

Liz Mays said...

He'll never forget his first movie either! I didn't!

annies home said...

what a great adventure the movies I will always remember mine as well

mommytoalot said...

So glad he enjoyed the movie. Love the pictures.

CristyLynn said...

What a great memory. Glad he enjoyed himself so much!

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

Wonderful movie! We loved it, too. Did he do all right with the lightning bug storyline?
(those pictures are priceless)

Unknown said...

That is so fun! Movies are such a special treat. I keep hearing good things about that movie, I'm going to have to make sure the kids see it.

Nicki said...

Awww, sounds like you guys really had a good time! I want to see that movie, it looks adorable! (and I prefer the old style hand drawn animations!)

VMI said...

Those photos made me smile - my son is a movie buff too. And the slushie and popcorn are a must.

Rachel said...

That's so awesome! I'm glad that he enjoyed it!!

Alison said...

What a fun day! I am thinking of taking the girls to see that movie too. Thanks for the tip about the lighting / contrasts - it might be a good one for Ashlea too.

sheila said...

Wow, Even I can't sit through an entire movie! That's preety good for his age!

I can't wait for this to come onto DVD.

Sarah and the Gentlemen said...

That's so great! What a fun memory for you and him. Congratulations on getting him to stay until the end too!

j said...

DEFINITELY a look of wonder! I'm glad y'all had fun.

Michelle said...

Great pics! Glad to hear the first attempt at a movie in the theater was a success!

danette said...

Oh how fun! I remember Bearhug & Cuddlebug's first movie :) A lot of planning went into it, but they had a great time.

Love the pictures, too cute! Glad he had fun.