Wednesday, July 7, 2010

This Mama LOVES Rejection!

When I picked Jack up from school today, the "other" Jack was leaving too. He said, "Hey mom, that's Jack-a-doo. He's funny!" I wasn't too sure of how to take that comment and neither was his mother as evidenced by the way she hurried him off to the car.

They loaded up much quicker than we did and soon the other Jack was waving at us (well I thought us) and saying, "Bye bye!" I called out, "Bye!" and waved as my Jack was climbing into the car. The other Jack then looked at me funny and said, "Oh, I'm not talking to you. I was talking to Jack-a-doo! Bye Jack-a-doo!"

I was a little embarrassed but thrilled! He wasn't talking to me!!! He wanted nothing to do with me. He wanted to talk to Jack and only Jack and he expected Jack to answer! I never thought I'd be so happy to be so rejected! Woo hoo!

And then I read Jack's progress note from Ms. Sunny today. Today the other Jack and my Jack aka Jack-a-doo played for a short while on the playground. And the playing was initiated by MY Jack!!!

Oh happy day of rejection!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

3 comments:

Staying Afloat said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

So, so SO amazing. I am doing my happy dance for you.

Marie said...

Thank you!

sheila said...

WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful rejection!