Monday, May 12, 2008

Love Water and Making New Friends

Before we left for Dallas this last time, we had a few very warm days so we got a new Elmo sprinkler mat. It's great for kids who love water but aren't so sure about having a sprinkler just randomly hit them with water. We also got a new pool. This year we decided that Jack's favorite part was just being in the water and we did not need any fancy stuff. He loves it already! Another great thing about the sprinkler mat? Put it in the pool and use it to fill up the pool. No more annoying waiting for the pool to fill up to play. Jack just played in the sprinkler water until there was enough water to splash. We had a great time with our neighbor and her cousin playing in the pool with Jack. *I did not get permission from their parents to post their pictures so you'll just have to take my word for it. :)*
Jack hanging out at the hotel before surgery. The Residence Inn Dallas Park Central really is a wonderful place to stay if you are ever in Dallas. The rooms are nice and the staff can't be beat.
Here's Jack headed off to surgery with Francesca. She has transported him from the Pedi Day surgery area to the holding room for almost all his Dallas surgeries. She is always smiling and friendly.
After surgery, we were able to meet up with Bay and her family in Dr. Fearon's office. Bay is adorable and so friendly. She practically leapt into my arms. As you can see, Jack did not mind.


I think she liked me best but she liked David, too. ;)
Bay and her mom, Bethany
Jack likes hanging out with other big guys like his Daddy and Bay's dad, Kyle, is a nice, big, tall guy.
We also got to meet another cutie named Kayla. As soon as I get permission from her mom, Ami, I am going to post a precious picture of Jack and Kayla "sharin the love"!

3 comments:

lora and stephen said...

Marie - Thank you for your sweet words and for checking out Nathan's website. Jack is a beautiful little boy. Our situations are different but probably quite similiar in a lot of ways. For me, this past year has been about learning to put my trust in God when I don't know the answers. But God is good and he will carry us through. I look forward to checking out more of your blog. Lora

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing the pictures of Jack and Bay getting to meet! Bethany, who is a friend of mine, was excited to meet you and I really enjoyed seeing the photo evidence of that meeting! Thanks again! Theresa

Marie said...

Thank you, Lora and Theresa. Lora, like you, I am learning to rely more on God when I don't know the answers. I am also learning that God gave me instincts as a Mom for a reason. Theresa, we really enjoyed meeting Bethany, Kyle, and Bay, too. She is just so adorable and friendly!