Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Thank YOU!

Thank you all our sweet bloggy friends!! Your prayers have helped to sustain us through this time. We had a lovely memorial service for Nana last Saturday. The love that she spread to so many was so clearly evident in the room filled with people who came to share her memory. I do think think Jack remembers and will continue to remember her. He frequently mentions Nana and that is a great comfort to my heart.

Things have been very busy here and I hope to return to blogging soon to share our latest adventures with all of you. But for now I'll share a sweet conversation I had with Jack about Nana not too long after she died. I was having difficulty explaining that we would not see Nana anymore.

Jack: Let's go Nana's house.
Me: Nana lives in heaven with Jesus now.
Jack: Let's go church.

Nana took me to church when I was a little girl. She showed me first how very much she loved me then she took me to church and taught me that there is a God who loves me infinitely more than she is able. I'm trying to pass both the love and knowledge down to Jack.

5 comments:

Tony M said...

Jack's response is awesome. Thanks for sharing!

Rachel said...

That's so sweet. I've been praying for y'all!

Alison said...

What an amazing gift from you received from your Nana - and now can pass on to Jack.

Melissa aka Equidae said...

what a wonderful conversation. May your heart continues to heal quickly and her love envelop your being every day

sheila said...

Oh Marie! Tears are cloggin up my eyeballs right now. So so so very sweet! Missed you while you were away. And Jacks sweet little face as well.