Friday, October 5, 2007

Homemade Bike "Whatchacallems"

I've been meaning to post these pictures but first a little update. Jack has some more teeth coming in (I think I can see something on the bottom front right gum). He is drooling and a bit fussy and more congested than normal and he wants to bite on everything. Soudns like teething to me!
"School" has been going great. Jack is not just tolerating it. He actually enjoys it. They all love it anytime he laughs out loud. I know this because each and every member of the staff finds me and tells me about Jack laughing because they get so excited about it. It's funny and it is so great. I know that they really care about Jack doing well and they don't want to make all this therapy just a chore for him. Jack has really taken to Carolyn too. They have their own bond which I just am so grateful for.
Our home therapy sessions are going better these days too. Jack is just blossoming in so many ways!!!
Okay, now for the pictures...Melissa, Jack's home PT, gave us a great idea for helping Jack to keep his feet on the tricycle pedals. I went to Wal-Mart and bought a pair of large sandals on clearence. I think I spent $4 on the sandals. David drilled holes in the sandals and we tied those onto the trike pedals. Melissa had suggested screwing them on but there was no way to do that on Jack's little tricycle. Anyway, it works great! Now Jack can ride his tricycle without his feet slipping off the pedals!!!
The pics will have to be another post. I am having some kind of problem uploading and I have got to get to bed.

No comments: