Friday, July 9, 2010

Have a Good Day!

Did you see my video from last night? You may be thinking....wait a minute, this kid does not really "talk" he just says a bunch of words and phrases out of context.

Well all that talking practice lead to the following conversation this morning...

Me: Well, I've got to go to work! I wish I could put you in my pocket and take you with me. (Kisses and cuddles while Jack is trying to eat his bagels.) You have a good day, okay?
J: Ok, you have a good day too!
Dave: I love you. Be careful.
J: Yeah, be careful.

If your child is not yet conversational, try making sounds or just saying words with them. At first you may feel silly but the results are completely worth it!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

3 comments:

tesyaa said...

My son is 6 and mostly nonverbal - he's got severe apraxia & he's on the autism spectrum. (He has an assistive speech device, which I love). Last night he wanted more crackers and said "more". I said "more what?", expecting him to attempt to say "more crackers". Instead he said "more pea" (more please). Couldn't have been cuter!

Marie said...

That is so cool! I love it when Jack surprises me with the things he says! You must have been grinning from ear to ear.

Dorminey Days said...

Yay Jack! What a way to send mommy off to work!