Saturday, June 7, 2008

Birthday Party 2008

This year Jack had a small yet ambitious two part birthday party. Jack loves loves loves a few things--chief among them are water and other children. So our theme this year was water and other small children. The last two years we had really large parties with Children's character themes. David and I had always said that we would not have large parties for the first couple of years of our children's lives but who knew those first few years would be so tough? Anyway, the last couple of years were more about celebrating Jack and not so much about Jack celebrating. This year, since Jack is older, I truly wanted the party to be about him having fun and doing what he likes. It was an unusual party....no children's theme/cartoon/movie character since Jack does not really have a favorite and no singing Happy Birthday because, for some reason, it makes Jack cry. I tried to limit the number of guests because I did not want Jack to be overwhelmed and not be able to enjoy himself. I think it turned out well. I know that he had a good time so that's really all that counts. Special thanks to Oma (Anne) for providing top notch grilling services and Auntie Ninfa for delivering the dairy free birthday cake!


We started the party at our community pool since Jack loves to swim. See that smile?
Opa has a cool underwater camera. I love this picture of my little brother Noah.
Swimming, swimming, in the swimming pool......
After the "big pool", we headed back to the house where Oma grilled some excellent hamburgers and hot dogs. We turned the back yard into a soupy mess with the splash mat going and we filled up our "lounge pool".

When you're dairy free, you get two cakes. Well, you only get to eat one but still....

Jack really loved playing with his family and friends at the party.

It was a great day. And it ended with all the party guests (the adults anyway) cleaning up for me. Who are the best party guests ever? Jack's party guests, that's who!
I can't believe my sweet baby is three already!!!

No comments: