Friday, December 10, 2010

Shopping Really IS a Pleasure

We had to go to our local Publix tonight--Friday night. Friday night means a crowd and a whole less likelihood of getting one of the coveted rocket ship driving carts. Ah well, I figured Jack would get to work on his orientation and mobility skills and I would get to work on my patience. Little did I know what wonderful things would happen...

Waiting in line at the pharmacy....
There was a little boy about 2 or 3 years old driving one of the rocket ship carts. Jack walked up and said, "Baby, hi baby!" The little boy tried to stand up and Jack said, "Sit down baby" while reaching for the errant little one.

At the bakery....
Bakery worker: Well, hi there! What can I get you?
Jack: Choklit chup coookee peas
Bakery worker: Chocolate chip? Sure! What a polite handsome young man (hands cookie directly to Jack)
Jack: Pank koo
Bakery worker:(smiling broadly) You're welcome. Y'all have a good night!

Going down the aisle:
Another customer remarked how precious Jack was and asked his name. I asked Jack to tell her his name. Jack: "Handsome!"
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

2 comments: