Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sweetheart?

Some people call it the terrible twos, others the tyrannical threes. Whatever you call it, the phase has arrived in our household. You know, the one where a child discovers he has so much to tell you but little ability to do so. He wants to do things all by himself but is not quite able. He doesn't need Mama but Mama don't you go anywhere! You experienced Mamas remember this--cuddly, snuggly baby one minute, foot stomping, demanding I don't know what the next!

I'm gonna admit I have cried over this just this morning. It is such a challenging time! BUT when I am able to be centered and calm, I can realize that this such an exciting time of growth and development and that is a good thing!

Please continue to pray for us as we help Jack learn as he moves through this phase that usually occurs when a child has a lot less muscle, strength, and size!

3 comments:

Staying Afloat said...

I am so there with you.

I think the hardest thing about this time, especially for moms like us, is that you know you should be appreciating all the gains and progress this stage represents, and yet you want to scream and tear your hair out.

I've got a toddler doing this at the typical age now, plus my E. goes through it in a way right before he makes developmental leaps.

For example he now knows he doesn't play sports well, that he can't follow them as easily as the kids around him, so he's huffy and refuses to play or go near the field.

You've got my mind moving- I may post on this. Meanwhile, stay strong. And each day, look inot one frustrating time and find one nugget of good in it.

Rachel said...

We're actually having a phase of that ourselves right now...maybe it's in the air.

sheila said...

Ah, will continue to keep Jack in my thoughts, always. :o)