Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Wordless/ful and Special Exposure Wednesday--Decorating Nana's

This is Nana.

Each year, Nana (my grandmother) chooses her very favorite of all her grandchildren and great grandchildren to come decorate her house for Christmas*. Jack has been chosen every year since his birth. And, of course, I was chosen every year since my birth.





This year's other chosen few were
Rachel

Tunnel Deborah

and Noah.

This year, Nana also asked Anne (Noah's mom/Jack's Oma) to come and bake some cookies to feed the troops.

Here was the blank canvas we started with....

Jack's not big on decorating so he decided to provide some entertainment

in the form of

flipping...

Not to be outdone in the cuteness department.....

Noah did a little improvisational

twirl and

step

dance!

Next up, the big kids tackled the yard decorations....

while Jack protected the cars.

I forgot to get a shot after the boxes were taken away.

But I did remember to capture the beauty that is Nana's Christmas tree.

*So it may not be 100% accurate that Nana chose only her favorites to come decorate the tree. The truth is she invited all the grandkids and great grandkids but the rest of you slackers her sweet grandchildren were too self-involved unfortunately previously obligated to other activities. Let this be a warning, next year, y'all better be at the tree decorating or I'll really talk some smack about you! They were all greatly missed and we look forward to having a much bigger group next year.

Jack's Great Aunt Ninfa showed up later and helped finish up the final decorating but by then the food was on the table and I was too busy stuffing my face making sure that Jack got a good meal in after all his hard work.

We had fun guys! Thanks for having us over, Nana!

Click for more Wordless Wednesday, Wordful Wednesday, and Special Exposure Wednesday posts

Don't forget to check out this week's installment of Life is Therapy.

18 comments:

mommytoalot said...

Great post. Love the picture of Jack protecting the car. Actually i love all the pics..doing flips is priceless and gross motor too. See I'm learning a lot from you.
Looks like a good time was had by all and the tree looks lovely.
xo

Claremont First Ward said...

Looks like some serious fun......I'm thinking the entertainment was excellent. :) MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Hootin Anni said...

I ♥ Jack!!!!! He's so precious. I have a grandson with Down Syndrome and these special boys that you and I have make life worth living!

I have a Christmas wish along with my usual Wednesday post today. [the Wednesday issue of posting is below my 'card' posted just for you....]

HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY.

...for the permalink to my day's post, click here.

Jana said...

The decorations look awesome! Looks like fun was had by all!! :-)

Marie said...

Thank you all! It is a fun Christmas tradition that I am so glad that I get to share with my little guy now. :)

Sarah and the Gentlemen said...

What fun! Have a Merry Christmas!

Just stopping by from SITS.

Territory Mom said...

How fun!! I love the boxes on the lawn, its amazing you still have boxes for the decorations. Beautiful tree, you guys know how to decorate.

Ashley's Mom said...

Everything looks so beautiful, even more so because of the love behind it!

Colleen said...

how cute!

Michelle said...

how fun to have everyone over (those who could make it!) to help decorate Nana's place! and the tree is beautiful!

Susie said...

What a beautiful family!! Merry Christmas to you and yours:-)

Ms. Latina said...

Love the pictures! I esp. love the little disclaimer at the bottom! Made me think I should probably do one of those next year hahahaha cause it always happens that everyone comes AFTER the work is done smh Worse, I'm the only girl, my mom only has sons and grandsons so it always falls on me! I guess I'm just her favorite too LOL

Have a merry Christmas!

Wherever HE Leads We'll Go said...

The tree looks beautiful! I am also impressed with the flips and the dancing. Looks like a really fun day!

Unknown said...

You have too much fun at your house.

Stopping by from SITS!

Jenni said...

That is a very nice tradition! Nana is so lucky to have such awesome helpers!

Rachel said...

That looks like great fun was had by all!! Except the slacker no-shows, of course...

Merry Christmas!

Coley said...

What a great tradition!! Even if Jack wasn't technically decorating, he definitely looks like he was spreading Christmas cheer.

Merry Christmas to you and Jack!

Marie said...

Thanks everybody! It really is a great tradition. Every single one of Nana's grandchildren and great grandchildren has an ornament on that tree. Some of them (like some of us) are getting pretty old but each year Nana makes any necessary repairs so that each one is ready to go again the next year. I feel so lucky that I get to share this tradition with Jack even if he does not technically decorate just yet. :)