Saturday, April 28, 2007

The Power of Sleep

Jack has been doing much better with nighttime sleeping since our respiratory therapist changed the rise on his inspiratory time. I'm not even sure what that means so I can't really explain it to you but it seems to be working. Also, I am working very hard on fixing our problem of being overtired. I am getting Jack in bed earlier and we are trying to stick to a nightly routine which I start BEFORE he is about to pass out. After reading alot of the no-cry sleep solution for toddlers and preschoolers by Elizabeth Pantley, it has dawned on me (DUH!) that although it is difficult, I have to try harder to get Jack to take a longer nap or at least have quiet time. He's been terribly sleep deprived. I can already tell a big difference after just one long nap today. Imagine what he'll do when it becomes a regular habit!
On another note, we went to a block party this afternoon and Jack just loved the little boy's Vtech 3-in-1 Smart Wheels so if you are wondering what to get Jack for his birthday next month....they are sold at Wal-Mart, Target, and Toys R Us. The suggested retail price is $39.99 so you may want to get a couple of people to go in on it with you. Also, he can always use more books with bright crisp colorful illustrations. Oh yeah, how much is a sandbox or does someone want to volunteer to build one? I think Jack would enjoy it if he'd try it. Oooohh, also I know he would love one of those sand and water tables for outdoor play.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vtech 3-in-1 Smart Wheel conceder it done. I am so happy to hear that all the changes are starting to work. You guys have been at the top of my prayer list and will remain there.